Ah, the joy of traveling. All that planning and preparation there to help you get that smooth journey. But, with the many inconveniences of air travel, there are mildly irritating issues that can completely ruin your trip, which is why I have compiled the top travel essentials to help you have the greatest travel ever.
You want to navigate your next trip with ease. I travel about 2 times every month. Not all as planned as the average traveler. There are days where I fly to Boston in the morning and back to Toronto that same night. So, when it comes to travel hacks, I am your source.
Here are the top airport tips, travel hacks and travel essentials
#1 Frequent Flyers
The top travel essentials number 1 goes to only pack a carry-on. It is your life saver. As ridiculous as this may sound, I remember before my flight to New York, I was late, in my kitchen, about to leave, when my luggage ripped. I was ton (just like my bag), I couldn’t miss this meeting. I ended up shoving all my essentials into my carry on bag. (Keep in mind this wasn’t just any carry-on), I held my suit in it’s separate bag and I never looked back. That was the beginning of my efficient flight journey.
Having a carry-on backpack will save you $25-$50 every time you travel. And it will allow you to avoid the luggage wait time.
Here is my carry-on Bag, the best of every world
This anti-theft beauty has a fully hidden main zipper.
It’s versatile features include:
- USB charging port
- Headphone hole
- External USB charging port
- Large capacity with multitudes of pockets
- Functional pockets within
- Stores laptops, books, tablets, phones, power banks, wallets, pens, pencils, keys, clothes, and more
This is what I use on all my travels – The Naturalife Anti-Theft Travel BackPack
#2 Bring your Own Empty Bottle
The collapsible water bottle – the super convenient way to refill your drinks while traveling. Remember, you can only bring up to 100 ml of liquid through security, your best bet (and to avoid high airport prices) is to bring an empty water bottle in your carry-on.
However I would recommend a bottle that won’t take up too much space. The collapsible bottle will allow for minimal space while letting your get through security and refill without paying those hefty prices, thus being one of my top travel essentials.
#3 The Quick Tips
- Forgot your charger at home? Don’t worry. Anything in the lost and found for over 90 days is usually up for grabs.
- The Top time to sleep is during the takeoff. Why? Well, the force of the plane ascending will put your head back to your seat. It will be the best time for you to sleep
- Don’t over use the bathroom. One innovative way to avoid multiple washroom breaks is by eating salty snacks before you get on the plane.
- Tie A bright ribbon on your luggage – for those who do bring luggage, tying a ribbon will allow you to easily differentiate from the other luggage’s during the baggage claim.
#4 Quick Tips Part 2
- The quicker line. Research shows the people naturally gravitate towards the right side, in this case, the right lime. So, by all means, go through the left lane.
- FREE UPGRADES – don’t be afraid to ask for a free upgrade. I know people who work at airports, and their advice is simple, if you are nice to the staff, the better chances of them helping you out. Let the staff know you are celebrating a special event, a free upgrade might come out of it.
- Don’t pay extra for headphones on the plane or even at the airport. Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones don’t have to cost you $400 a pair. I’ve paid $20 and got the same concep
I hope you enjoyed all these travel hacks. Don’t forget to share it with your friends! These were your top travel essentials.